Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How Would You Move Mount Fuji? by William Poundstone

I just finished reading this book. I enjoyed it a lot. I've learned new things about IQ tests, the history behind them. I liked the stories about interviews at Microsoft and Wall Street companies. I had three or more interviews with Microsoft over last 8 years . I finally understood why I've been asked to solve puzzles or answer a very strange question on every interview. :) The book has lots of information about puzzles, why they are useful on the interview, how to ask and how to solve them. The most interesting part for me was the description of cognitive aspects in solving puzzles and problems in general. I also liked the stories behind the top IQ people and their life experience. It is a non-fiction book, but it is very addictive, like a good fiction. I definitely learned a lot from it. I highly recommend it to everyone who is planning to go for an interview ... :)

No comments: