Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Art of Living: The Classical Mannual on Virtue, Happiness, and Effectiveness by Epictetus, Sharon Lebell

Epictetus is a Greek philosopher who was born as a slave in 55 A.D. and became a famous philosopher, the teacher of Marcus Aurelius, who became a ruler of Roman Empire. Epictetus dedicated his life to studying and teaching the art of life. This book is short, just about a hundred pages or so. I began reading this book last week (June 8, 2007). I am reading a few pages every day. Usually I am a fast reader. However, this book is different. It makes me think more than any other book I read for last few years. Every page has great ideas and thoughts about life. It makes me go over my values and believes once again. I am discoveing and learning new things about life, people and myself as I move from page to page.

No comments: